Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
A Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) is considered a screening test in occupational health. It is an extremely important tool as it assists in monitoring a worker’s lung function status.
- Assists with worker placement
- Assists with early detection of exposure to respiratory hazards
- Assists with early intervention and treatment
- Assists with identifying airborne respiratory hazards – which can be appropriately evaluated by the sites Industrial Hygiene
- Assists with a worker’s ability to wear respiratory protective equipment
- Assists in continual monitoring of an individual’s disease progress or efficiency of their treatments
In the screening test, a device called a spirometer is used. These tests are to interpret and compare the observed FVC and FEV1 and their ratio FEV1/FCV% with predicted average values and Lower Limits of normal (LLN). The goal of this sophisticated device is to determine whether the worker’s results will fall within a normal range, below normal, or indicate a possible respiratory impairment.
If your company is in need of further services such as Chest X ray, ECG, or a follow-up by a Physician, Inuksuk Safety Services Ltd will coordinate these services as well.
Our tests are performed by qualified Pulmonary Function technicians. Our clinic and mobile services have the most up-to-date and calibrated technology to complete these tests with peace of mind. Our attention to detail will have your worker ready for his/her job placement.
Get in touch with Inuksuk Safety Services Ltd to book your test. Some information we will require:
- Candidate’s Name
- A Candidate ID Number (Drivers Licence)
- Type of Test Required
- Expire Date
- Location of the Employee or Student